The plugin version of the add-on Protected Download. (A change of name was required because there was already a plugin with a similar name by Emanuel Marinello.)
Get control over the downloads you offer on your site
Downloadcontrol allows different types of control and documentation of the download of files and groups of files you offer on your website. The offered files are not accessible any more via URL. A click on the button generated by Downloadcontrol however will present the download. Thus Downloadcontrol is also useful for offering files on pages with restricted access, e.g. memberpages.
- Download links can be set as bigger button, small button, inline link, big button asking for a password or log-in or name and location of the downloader
- Date control: outside of specified dated the download buttons will not be generated.
- Email notice when a download is initiated
- Size of download can be displayed in the download button.
- The number of past download of a file can be displayed. The starting count is editable.
- File names may contain accented letters and spaces. Even files directly uploaded from Windows via ftp will be recognized, if the Windows code-page is stated in plugin config.
- Diagram of downloads of the last 30 days
- Number of downloads by file.
- Log (Format compatible with Log of Dlcounter_XH. Switching plugins you may import the old log.).
- Log analysis with graphic display of downloads per month etc.
Unzip the zip-file and put everything as it is into the CMSimple_XH base folder.
Answering to a user request Holger Irmler enlarged my add-on Protected Download to a plugin with date control and email alert. I added a few more bells and whistles to the package.