This is a heavily reworked version of the old well known plugin started 2005 by Michael Svarrer and later maintained by Gert Ebersbach.
Memberpages_XH has two uses:
- It provides a log-in field, where users (=members) can enter a user name and a password. After log-in the user is shown which other users are logged in. Temporary Membership until a certain date can also be given.
- The log-in can be used to regulate access to other plugins, e.g. Forum_XH.
- Memberpages can hide pages and make them visible only to users who are logged-in and have a suitable access level.
Members can change their password, e-mail address and full name. Pages can be given different access levels.
Memberpages keeps a detailed log file of all log-in actions.
New in version 3.6
- A member's notice with log out possibility can be generated after login on top of every page or every member page
- On login the login page can be hidden. If you let the plugin generate a member's notice on top of every page, you may not want to have an additional log out field on the login page and prefer to hide that page.
- Several minor improvements ... e.g. new slovak language file by Tata
New in version 3.5
- Registration: Visitors can apply for membership, double user names and double full names are prevented.
- VIP-Login: Members with higher access level can be led to a specified page after login.
- Password: User entered passwords need to have at least 1 Uppercase, 1 lowercase letter and 1 cipher.
- Auto login: Now available after login. If set, it will be shown in the login field, even in the next visit. Works as before via cookies.
- Temporary membership: Date field for expiration reformats entries like 1.1.15 automatically to 2015-01-01. Expired membership dates are highlighted in backend. Members are warned (after login) a configurable number of days before, if their membership is going to end.
- Logged in indication: Can now be displayed in a single short line.
Installation and Updating
On unzipping the plugin file you'll find 2 folders: plugins and userfiles. Copy these folders into your CMSImple_XH base. Former memberpages_XH plugins will be overwritten, however your settings and the old member lists are preserved.
Go to the plugins backend. If you have updated from version 3.4.4 or earlier, you will be prompted to import your old member's list. If everything is set as you want it, click OK.
- Easy updating: simply install the new version on top of the old one, go to the plugin backend and click "activate". The activation process reads old config values and integrates them in the new configuration. Values for login/logout pages however have to be entered again.
- New feature: Expiration date of membership can be entered.
- No limit to number of members. The new saving process can deal with large member files.
- version.nfo file added
- Christoph Becker provided a solution to make Memberpages also work on Windows IIS servers.
- On log-in the names other logged-in members can be shown, either as full names or as usernames.
- Admin e-mail address in plugin config for password requests when no member's e-mail is available.
- Converting pages into memberpages now via pagedata tabs
- Old method also possible. Method can be selected.
- Memberpages have a colored "M" as pagedata tab, other pages have an normal "M"
- If access level has been set, the level number will be added to the colored "M"-tab
- Lots a small improvements
- simplified plugin configuration
- comprehensive editable logfile
- members can change password and email address
- members can have forgotten password sent by email
- easy uploading and downloading of members list
- different choices of access management